Our new topic for the Spring term is Superheroes! Keep your eyes peeled for an exciting message, we have lots of action packed lessons planned and a super stunning start activity for you to look forward to.
As readers and writers of English we will be:
- Exploring the super story of Supertato!
- Exploring non-fiction texts about writing instructions.
- Revising Set 2 and Set 3 sounds in phonics
- Practising alternative sounds for spelling and tricky spelling rules
- Practicing letter and number formation as part of handwriting
- Sequencing events from a story
- Acting out different scenes and exploring what each character is like
- Writing sentences using capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
- Applying our phonic knowledge to segment and blend to read and write words
As Mathematicians we will be:
- Adding by counting on
- Adding ones by using number bonds
- Finding number bonds
- Adding by making 10
- Subtracting by counting back
- Subtraction not crossing 10
- Subtraction crossing 10
- Comparing number sentences
As Design Technicians we will be:
- Learning about different types of vehicles
- Researching and testing different materials
- Learning about different types of mechanisms
- Designing and making a vehicle for a Superhero
As Computing Experts we will be:
- Learning about E-Safety
- Exploring how games work
- Testing different games using ipads
- Exploring what an algorithmn is within a computer game