As Mathematicians, within our shape and measurements unit of work, we will learn how to:
- Find right angles in shapes
- Compare and draw angles accurately
- Draw and identify horizontal, vertical, parallel and perpendicular lines
- Recognise and describe 2-d and 3-d shapes
- Make our own 3-d shapes
- Measure, compare and add and subtract mass
- Measure, compare and add and subtract capacity
- Understand temperature
As Writers, within our Traditional Tales unit of writing, we will:
- re-tell familiar traditional tales.
- write traditional story openings, using adjectives to describe characters.
- add action to our writing using powerful verbs and quick time phrases.
- punctuate dialogue using inverted commas.
- learn to start our sentences in different ways.
- use our imagination to change elements of a well-known traditional tale.
As Writers, within our Persuasive Writing unit, we will:
- develop our use of persuasive language.
- organise each persuasive argument into paragraphs.
- support our arguments with evidence and examples.
- use cause and effect conjunctions.
- engage our reader with rhetorical questions.
- learn how to use persuasive features such as alliteration and repetition.
As Designers, we will:
- Investigate and analyse existing products according to their characteristics
- Learn about basic hygiene when preparing food
- Design our own bread roll
- Evaluate a product we create
As Musicians, we will learn the techniques involved in samba drumming.
As individuals who value our relationships with our friends and family, in PSHE we will learn:
to understand that everybody’s family is different and important to them.
to understand that differences and conflicts sometimes happen between family members.
to evaluate whether a game is suitable to play or a website is appropriate for your
to make safe, reliable choices from search results.
to know how to report something you have seen or experienced online that concerns you.