We are mathematicians:
In Maths we will be finding out about...
- Decimals including tenths, hundredths and thousandths
- Rounding Decimals
- Ordering and comparing decimals.
- Finding equivalent fractions, decimals and percentages
We are authors writing adventure stories.
In Literacy we will be:
- Reading and discussing a range of stories
- Understanding the key features of adventure stories
- Understanding the audience of adventure stories
- Unpicking adventure stories and finding the key parts
- Creating our own characters and settings
- Writing our own adventure stories
- Editing and improving our work
- Presenting our adventure stories
We are Scientists:
This term we will be finding out about Earth and Space. This will include:
- describing the movement of the Earth and other planets relative to the sun in the solar system
- describing the movement of the moon relative to the Earth
- describing the sun, Earth and moon as approximately spherical bodies
- using the idea of the Earth’s rotation to explain day and night and the apparent movement of the sun across the sky
- explaining that unsupported objects fall towards the Earth because of the force of gravity acting between the Earth and the falling object
We are games developers
In ICT this term we shall be creating our own games using Scratch. We will: -
- Recognise that apps are created using code
- Revise the accurate use of scratch to create a game
- Use coding to develop a Space Invaders game app
- Define a range of language associated with Scratch
- Use coding to create our Scratch games
- Use a range of coding blocks
- Regularly test, debug and improve code.
- Add additional sprites to my game
- Add a score variable to my game
- Compare our games against the original and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses
- Debug our games, using knowledge of Scratch programming
- Edit and debug my programming
- Evaluate our work
We are Spanish speakers:
This term we shall be continuing with our new MFL topic of Spanish! We will get to grips with all the basics of the Spanish language including:
- Describing how we feel
- Introducing ourselves
- having simple conversations with our friends
- Talking about the colours
We are Musicians
As musicians we are very excited to be learning music linked to Space. In these sessions we will:
- Listening to, comparing and appraising ‘The Planets’ by Gustav Holst
- Composing short pieces of music representing different planets.
- Exploring musical ideas by creating a storyboard and graphic score.
We are RE specialists:
In RE we will be
- Understanding what it means to be a Muslim in Britain today and to compare population sizes from around the world.
- Understanding the significance of the Five Pillars of Islam.
- Understanding who Mohammed was
- Understanding where Muslims pray and why this is important to the Muslim community
- Exploring Islamic artwork and understand how the architecture of mosques reflects Muslim
- Understanding how Islamic art is used at festivals and reflects Muslim beliefs.
In PSHE this term we shall be discussing:
- To consider the lives of people living in other places, and people with different values and customs
- To learn what being part of a community means and to know the groups that can support communities locally and nationally
- To know that there are universal rights for children
- To understand that there are basic Human Rights shared by all people and all societies
- To know what it means to set up an enterprise and to begin to develop enterprise skills
We are Dodgeball players – Summer 1
In PE we will be enjoying Rounders. These will include:
- Understanding the importance of warming up and cooling down
- Understanding the rules of dodgeball
- Developing effective throwing and catching techniques
- Learning dodging techniques
- Taking part in team games and working cooperatively
- Taking part in dodgeball games