Our big question is...
Who can I ask for help?
Each week we will be answering these questions...
Week 1 – How do the police help us?
Week 2 – Where do we go when our pets are poorly?
Week 3 – Why is it important to have hospitals?
Week 4 – When would fireman Sam be helpful?
Week 5 – PE WEEK
Week 6 – Who helps us look after our teeth?
Our key text for this half-term
As communicators we will be learning to...
- Discuss all the different people who help us.
- Talk about who helps me in my life.
- Using language in role play to discuss what to do in emergencies.
In personal, social and emotional development we will be learning to…
- Understand who keeps us safe.
- Recognise what I am good at.
- Prepare for the transition to year one.
In physical development we will be learning to...
- Look after our teeth and keep ourselves healthy.
- How I look after my body.
- Participate in lots of races and games during PE week
As readers we will be learning to...
- Use non-fiction books to learn facts about the different people who help us.
- Read set 2 Read Write Inc sounds.
- Read sentences and discuss what happens in the books we have read.
- Retell our key text – what the ladybird heard.
As writers we will be learning to...
- Write police reports.
- Write instructions to steal the prize cow.
- Form letters correctly and spell red words.
As mathematicians we will be learning to...
- Subtract and add, recalling facts.
- Name 2D and 3D shapes
- Counting on from the biggest number when adding together.
- Recognising numbers to 20
As scientists we will be learning to...
- Learning what to do in an emergency
- Discussing different who help us in my local community.
- Understanding when to telephone 999
- Discuss the features of emergency vehicles
As artists we will be learning to...
- Representing emergency vehicles through junk modelling
- Dressing up as different people who help us and role playing
- Role playing in our police station