Our Big Question is...
What can I do with water?
Each week we will be exploring these questions...
1 - How could you keep dry in the rain?
2 - How can I make bubbles?
3 - What happened to the rubber ducks?
4 - What would you find under the sea?
5 - What would you see at the seaside?
6 - How can you travel on water?
Our Key Text for this half term...
As communicators we will be learning to...
- sort out clothes for a hot and then a rainy day
- make voice sounds to represent water
- give instructions to peers
- follow more complicated instructions
In personal, social and emotional development we will be learning to...
- engage in group tasks e.g. building guttering
- discuss if they like the rain
- talk about their experiences of going to the seaside
- discuss who their friends are
In physical development we will be learning to...
- use our thumb and first finger to operate spray bottles
- pour between jugs and containers with control
- tip watering cans
- balance across objects and beams
- blow bubbles
- mix liquids together
- shape pipe cleaners to make bubble wands
As readers we will be learning to...
- show an interest in non-fiction texts about water and sea animals
- assign meaning to print in the environment
- recognise familiar labels and signs
- orally retell a story and begin to scribe with an adult
As writers we will be learning to...
- Mark make key parts of familiar stories
As mathematicians we will be learning to...
- Sing once I caught a fish alive
- Sing five little ducks
- use language of capacity – full, empty, top, bottom.
- discuss the shape and size of shells
- use the language of more
As scientists we will be learning to...
- observe changes in weather
- make ice melt and observe the changes
- know how ice is made
- identify animals that live under the sea
- explore floating and sinking
- name the key features of boats
- talk about the different stages of the life cycle of a duck
As artists we will be learning to...
- build guttering for water to travel down
- construct boats with key features
- explore colour mixing in water
- use music and voice sounds to create water sounds – splash, drip, swoosh.
- create small world scenes of ocean