We are mathematicians:
In Maths we will be:
Finding out about Statistics
- Reding and interpreting line graphs
- Drawing line graphs
- Using line graphs to solve problems
- Looking at circles
- Reading and interpreting pie charts
- Looking at pie charts with percentages
- Drawing pie charts
- Finding the mean
We are play-script writers:
In Literacy we will be:
- Reading and acting out a range of play scripts
- Picking out the key features of the structure of play scripts
- Picking out the key language in play scripts
- Considering the role of stage directions in play scripts
- Creating our own characters and settings
- Writing our own play scripts
- Editing and improving our work
- Presenting our play scripts
We are geographers:
In Geography we will be exploring:
The continents of North America and South America and their countries (investigating their location, places of interest, flag, language…)
The physical features that make up both continents, including major mountain ranges (a case study of The Andes), lakes, and climate zones…
The human features that make up both continents, including population, settlements, and standard of living (case study: Rio de Janeiro favelas)
4 and 6 figure grid references learning how to read them and plot them
Comparing the location of a North American mountain range to that of the UK (The Rockies and the Scottish Highlands)
We are scientists:
This term we will be finding out about thermal insulation. This will include:
- grouping a range of materials according to a specific criterion
- ·describing what thermal insulation is
- understanding about thermal conduction
- investigating the effect different materials can have on heat loss.
- explaining the properties of thermal insulators
- planning, predicting and investigating simple experiments
- suggesting further experiments and predicting likely outcome
We are musicians
As musicians, we are very excited to be learning about music linked to the Americas. In these sessions we will:
- Listen to a range of genres of music from the Americas
- recognise the different features of music from the Americas
- Identify the instruments used
- Share my own thoughts and opinions about the music I listen to
- Create my own piece of music
- Hold my own part in a round
We are artists
In art, we will be:
- investigating Aztec patterns
- Practising the method of Batik and using this to create our own bookmark
- Using sketching to embellish our design.
- Evaluating our Aztec bookmark design.
We are spanish speakers:
This term we shall be continuing with our new MFL topic of Spanish! We will get to grips with all the basics of the Spanish language including:
- Describing how we feel
- Introducing ourselves
- Having simple conversations with our friends
- Saying what we can do (using verbs)
We are RE specialists:
In RE we will be
- Understanding where Muslims pray and why this is important to the Muslim community
- Exploring Islamic artwork and understand how the architecture of mosques reflects Muslim
- Understanding how Islamic art is used at festivals and reflects Muslim beliefs.
We are sportspeople
In football and hockey, we will be
- Practising dribbling and passing the ball.
- Developing leadership and team-building skills.
- learning how to move while keeping in control of the ball.
- Understanding how to keep possession of the ball.
- Practising various shooting techniques
We are social scientists
In PSHE this term we shall be finding out more about relationships. A letter has been sent home about this.