As Mathematicians we will be:
- Learning how to interpret charts by finding the sum and difference between data
- Learning how to read line graphs accurately
- Linking turns to angles
- Finding right angles in shapes
- Identifying, comparing and ordering angles
- Recognising and describing 2D shapes
- Using the terms vertical and horizontal accurately
- Finding lines of symmetry and completing symmetric images
As Authors we will be:
- Learning how to read and perform choral poetry
- Developing some of our own poems to perform together
- Writing our own imaginary stories
As Scientists we will be:
- Identifying that humans and some other animals have skeletons and muscles for support, protection and movement
- Describing the simple functions of the basic parts of the digestive system in humans
- Identifying the different types of teeth in humans and their simple functions
As Religious Specialists we will be:
- Looking at what we can learn from religions when deciding what is right and wrong.
- Thinking about where people look for guidance.
- Exploring the lives of inspirational religious individuals.
- Reflecting on our values in our own lives.
As Artists, we will be:
- Using sketches to record observations.
- Comparing and recreating forms of natural and manmade objects.
- Using a sketchbook to collect ideas and developing a plan
- Planning a sculpture through drawing
- Joining clay adequately and constructing a simple base for extending and modelling other shapes.
- Creating surface patterns and textures in a malleable material.