Our new topic for the Spring term is Superheroes! Keep your eyes peeled for an exciting message, we have lots of action packed lessons planned and a super stunning start activity for you to look forward to.
As readers and writers of English we will be:
- Exploring the super story of Supertato!
- Exploring non-fiction texts about writing instructions.
- Revising Set 2 and Set 3 sounds in phonics
- Practising alternative sounds for spelling and tricky spelling rules
- Practicing letter and number formation as part of handwriting
- Sequencing events from a story
- Acting out different scenes and exploring what each character is like
- Writing sentences using capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
- Applying our phonic knowledge to segment and blend to read and write words
As Mathematicians we will be:
- Adding by counting on
- Adding ones by using number bonds
- Finding number bonds
- Adding by making 10
- Subtracting by counting back
- Subtraction not crossing 10
- Subtraction crossing 10
- Comparing number sentences
As Scientists we will be:
- Identifying, observing and labelling the parts of a plant
- Investigating the function of the different parts of the plant
- Classifying and comparing bulbs and seeds
- Planting seeds and bulbs to observe the life cycle of a plant and identify what a plant needs to grow.
- Going on a field trip to identify different plants and trees which grow locally.
As Geographers we will become cartographers and:
- Create plans, aerial views and simple maps with a key.
- Follow our own maps on a field trip
- Create a landscape sketch of the local woods, identifying physical and human features
- Consider how we could improve our local environment
As Design and Technology Experts we will be:
- Learning about different types of vehicles
- Researching and testing different materials
- Learning about different types of mechanisms
- Designing and making a vehicle for a Superhero
As Computing Experts we will be:
- Learning about E-Safety
- Exploring how games work
- Testing different games using ipads
- Exploring what an algorithmn is within a computer game
As Artists we will be:
Learning about the life and works of Vincent van Gogh focusing on his painting of the sunflowers
We will create a painting in the style of Vincent van Vogh