This half-term we are exploring and learning about all things in space!
Each week we will answer questions of the week.
Week 1 – How many stars are there? Can you see a star in the daytime?
Week 2 – Do stars make patterns and what are their names?
Week 3 – How can we help Beegu?
Week 4 – Who has been to see the stars?
Week 5 – What planets surround our stars?
Week 6 – Would you like to go to see the stars?
Our new key text is Beegu
As communicators we will learning to...
- Name the planets in our solar system.
- Ask questions about space and what we want to learn about it.
- Give reasons for wanting to/not wanting to go to space.
As explorers we will be learning to...
- Name basic constellations.
- Understand what gravity is.
- Understand the features of different planets.
- Who went to the moon and who has been into space.
As artists we will be learning to...
- Create space themed art work.
- Combine a range of media to create different artistic effects e.g. making shaving foam, ink marbled planets.
- Act out our new key text Beegu through drama and freeze frames.
- Move like planets, astronauts and shooting stars.
- Create junk model rockets, aliens and planets.
As mathematicians we will be learning to...
- Recognise 2D shapes and their properties.
- Recognise that shapes have other shapes within them.
- Create patterns.
- Subitise numbers (recognise without counting)
As readers we will be learning to...
- Blend CVC words.
- Recognise red words - I, the, no, go, to.
- Read simple captions and match to pictures.
- Discuss our key text in detail, make predictions and sequence key events.
As writers we will be learning to...
- Write simple captions.
- Spell red words in phonics - I, the, no, go, to.
- Create story maps of the story Beegu.
- Write key features of a letter.
- Hold a pencil correctly.