Monstrous Mountains and Raging Rivers
As Mathematicians this term, we will be learning about multiplication and division. We will be:
- Multiplying by 1 digit
- Multiplying by 2 digits
- Dividing 4 digits by 1 digit
- Dividing with Remainders.
As Writers this term, we will be focusing on adventure stories. We will be:
- Learning about the parts of an adventure story
- Focusing on modal verbs and relative clauses.
- Applying precise nouns and adjectives
- Learning about spelling pattern - ant, ance, ancy / ent, ence, ency
As Scientists, we will be:
- Looking at the properties of materials.
- Understanding the changes in states of matter.
- Recognising reversible and irreversible changes.
- Exploring evaporation and dissolving.
- Separating materials using sieving, filtering and evaporating.
As Geographers, we will be:
- Exploring the course of a river and identifying the features of rivers.
- Investigating about rivers and how they erode, transport and deposit materials.
- Understand why rivers are important to people around the world.
- Look in detail at a particular river and its impact on the people and landscape around.
- Comparing different rivers around the world with the Nile in Egypt.
- Explaining the water cycle.
- Studying the causes of river pollution and the effect it has on the environment.
As Design Technicians, we will be:
- Understanding the four different types of bridges.
- Investigating the best ways to strengthen structures.
- Researching ideas to suit our design brief.
- Using skills to build our own bridges.
As Computer Technicians, we will be:
- Becoming aware of the benefits and dangers of social media.
- Planning and creating a blog post about a river we have been studying.
- Understanding how to use the green screen and camera to make a vlog.
As Musicians, we will be:
- Identifying instruments used within a musical composition.
- Making creative use of the way sounds can be changed, organised and controlled.
- Creating our own composition following the journey of a river.