Topic - Broomwood Values: Nurturing
At the end of a day there is nothing nicer than sitting down with your family with a cup of tea and a sweet treat to share news, have a snuggle and feel good - nurturing yourself!
So we are going to make a sweet treat... You will need an adult's help to make these as you use the cooker hob.
Make sure you share, it will taste so much better! You could even make it for Father's Day, I'm going to make it for Mr Walton - send me your pictures and I'll send you mine!
What you will need:
- 150g rice snaps/krispies
- 100g unsalted butter, plus a little extra to grease
- 1 x 100g bag mini pink and white marshmallows
- 300g milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Grease and line a 21cm square tin with nonstick baking paper or use a muffin tin and cake cases to make mini individual treats.
- In a large pan, melt the butter, marshmallows and 100g chocolate over a low heat, until the mixture is fully melted and mixed.
- Stir in the rice snaps and mix until the snaps are completely covered.
- Turn out into the lined tin and using the back of a spoon, smooth the top to make it flat.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring, until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the rice snaps, spread evenly and leave to set. Once set, cut into 25 squares to serve.
- Share, eat and enjoy!