As a school we have been working extremely hard to support our school community through the current pandemic. The health and safety of our staff and pupils is paramount and so this page contains our school risk assessment, which is updated regularly, to highlight how we are working to mitigate the spread of the virus in our school environment.
Below are a few of the steps we have taken as a school to ensure that we can work safely and effectively during this global pandemic.
- All staff with any Covid 19 symptoms will remain at home until a negative PCR test is returned
- Any children with Covid 19 symptoms will be asked to remain at home until a negative PCR test is returned
- Children wash their hands and sanitise at key points during the day
- Children have their own personal equipment to use in the classroom
- Break and lunchtimes are staggered to reduce the numbers in the dining halls and playgrounds
- All working areas within school will be well ventilated where safe and appropriate to do so
- Staff will wear face coverings in shared areas and during hand over
- All classrooms and shared areas are cleaned on a daily basis
We recognise that the current pandemic is taking its toll on all of our lives and that this can often have a detrimental impact on our own mental health and well-being. We have therefore included some helpful links where you can access further support if required.