In Year 3, our new topic this term is LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!
As Mathematicians, we will be:
- Adding and subtracting hundreds.
- Adding and subtracting 2-digit and 3-digit numbers- not crossing 10 or 100.
- Adding and subtracting 2-digit and 3-digit numbers- crossing 10 or 100.
- Adding and subtracting three digit numbers with an exchange.
- Solving mixed addition and subtraction number problems.
- Estimating answers to check calculations.
- Multiplying using equal groups.
- Using arrays.
- Multiplying and dividing by 2, 5 and 10.
- Learning the 3, 4 and 8 times tables and multiplying and dividing by them.
As Authors in English, we will be:
- Learning about the famous author, Roald Dahl.
- Reading Esio Trot.
- Understanding homophones.
- Creating our own playscripts based on films.
- Performing and editing our playscripts for our peers.
- Writing a persuasive advert.
- Applying Year 3 spelling rules into our writing.
As Artists, we will:
- Learn about the artist Andy Warhol and explore his artwork.
- Plan a piece of printing in the style of Andy Warhol's pop art.
- Develop lino carving and printing skills.
- Create a lino print in the style of Andy Warhol.
- Evaluate the process and our completed art work.
As Computer Technicians, we will:
- Practise different video shooting techniques.
- Plan and record footage for a video.
- Record a video using green screen.
As scientists we will be:
- Exploring that we need light in order to see things and that light is the absence of dark.
- Investigating how we see things due to light reflecting from different surfaces.
- Identifying the ways in which the human eye works.
- Comparing how different materials affect the appearance of shadows and investigating the shapes and sizes of shadows.
- Comparing how shadows change depending on the time of day.
- Understanding the dangers of sunlight and what measures we can take to protect our eyes.
As Spanish speakers we will:
- Learn the Spanish alphabet.
- Know the months of the year.
- Learn how to say and write the days of the week.
- Pronounce Spanish words we have learnt correctly.
As Geographers we will:
- Name, locate and explore countries in the UK.
- Know the eight points on a compass.
- Know what different regions are famous for.
- Recognise how Manchester has changed over time.
- Identify physical features in each country.
As Musicians, we will be:
- Listening to music from the Baroque period.
- Interpreting pieces by Bach and Vivaldi.
- Learning about film scores, specifically those created by Danny Elfman.
- Writing our own film score based on Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.