For the next 2 half terms, Autumn 1 and Autumn 2, we will be delving into our new Vikings topic and enjoying lots of exciting learning opportunities.
As writers within Literacy we will be:
- writing for the purpose of telling a recount
- punctuating our sentences with capital letters and full stops
- sequencing information in chronological order
- using fronted adverbials for time followed by a commas
- using time conjunctions to connect clauses
- writing using the past tense
- describing a setting
- introducing and summarise
- writing for the purpose of telling a story.
- introducing and describe characters
- using powerful verbs and adjectives
- punctuating dialogue
- include a dilemma
As Mathematicians we will be focusing on:
- reading and writing the value of four digit numbers - thousands, hundreds, tens and ones
- finding ten and one hundred more and less that a four digit number
- comparing and order numbers to ten thousand
- counting in thousands
- adding and subtract multiples of one hundred
- adding and subtract two, three and four digit numbers to four digit numbers
- looking for patterns within the times tables up to 12 times tables.
- counting in equal groups.
- dividing multiples of up to 12 equal groups
- continuing to improve our quick recall of the times tables up to 12 times tables.
As Scientists we will:
- explore the properties of rocks
- classify and group rocks based on their physical properties
- recognise that soils are made from organic matter
- investigate the permeability of rocks and soils
- describe how fossils are formed
As individuals who value our health and well being, in PSHE we will learn how to:
- ask for help if we are worried about something
- know who can keep us safe in school and our community
- know how to seek help if we are concerned about our online safety
- develop strategies for keeping physically and emotionally safe
- recognise our strengths and recognise positive experiences
- understand that bacteria and viruses can affect our health and know how we can reduce their spread.
As Historians and Geographers we will be:
This half term we are learning all about the Vikings, this will include learning about:
- Viking place names in the UK
- Viking raids and invasions
- The resistance by Alfred the Great and Athelstan, first King of England
- further Viking invasions and Danegeld
- Anglo-Saxon laws and justice
- Edward the Confessor and his death in 1066
As Spanish speakers we will be:
- learning salutations
- class commands
- numbers to 20
As Software Developers we will be:
- developing an educational computer game
- understanding and using variables
- debugging computer programs
- recognising the importance of user interface and design
- understanding what to do if we don't like something we see online
- understanding intellectual property rights when using images and sounds on the web.
As Artists we will be:
- identifying complementary colours
- using a variety of techniques including marbelling
- creating different effects by using a variety of tools and techniques such as bleeds, washes, scratches and splashes.
- enjoying and appreciating an artists work, Henry Rousseau