Our new topic for this term is The Ancient Greeks. We had a fantastic Stunning Start where we tried lots of Greek food which was cooked for us by Sokrates Taverna in Sale. We had a fantastic afternoon sampling the different flavours and participating in an Ancient Greece quiz. It was an amazing introduction to our new topic and we can't wait to start learning more!
This term we will be continuing with our Rivers and Mountains topic as there is just so much to learn!
In music we will be writing our own compositions based on water and throughout art we will be looking at Hokusai's paintings of Japan and Mount Fuji and creating prints inspired from his work. In science we will be learning about light and focusing on how light travels in straight lines and understanding how we are able to see objects because they give out light or because they reflect light into our eyes.
Monstrous Mountains and Raging Rivers
This term our topic will be Raging Rivers and Magnificent Mountains. During the term we will:
- Name and locate countries and cities of the UK.
- Use map skills to locate a range of places on an OS map.
- Locate hills, mountains, coasts and rivers on a UK and world map.
- Understand the nature of a river and how it changes on its journey from source to sea
- Understand the key features of rivers, the geographical vocabulary and definitions.
- Understand what happens as a river reaches the coast, including: estuaries, deltas, mudflats and salt marshes.
- Learn about some famous mountains and rivers.
- Understand how mountains are formed.
- Investigate Hokusai's art prints of Mount Fuji and create our own
Our topic this term is the Tudors! As our stunning start we will be visiting Ordsall Hall to go back in time and see how the Tudors lived.
In our History lessons we will be learning all about the key events from the Tudor period and looking at Tudor Kings and Queens.
In science we will be exploring forces and learning about electricity.
In Design and Technology we will be making our own Tudor food for a banquet using a traditional recipe.