For Spring 2, our new topic will be .... Plants! We will be looking into lots of amazing new facts linked to Science, Geography, Art, Music and ICT.
Here are the key objectives we shall be learning in each subject:
As scientists we shall be:
- identifying and describing the functions of different parts of flowering plants: roots, stem/trunk, leaves and flowers
- exploring the requirements of plants for life and growth (air, light, water, nutrients from soil, and room to grow) and how they vary from plant to plant
- investigating the way in which water is transported.
- exploring the part that flowers play in the life cycle of flowering plants
As geographers we shall be:
naming and locating main human and physical features of the UK.
identifying OS symbols on a map to build knowledge of the UK and wider world.
using 4 and 6 figure grid references and symbols
creating a map of Broomwood Park and answer questions relating to features grid references
As musicians we shall be:
- researching the famous composer, Vivaldi and gaining an appreciation of his work
- developing our own composition skills
- exploring the instruments used in a typical Vivaldi composition
- perform and evaluate their own 'Spring' composition
As artists we shall be:
- exploring the artistic technique of weaving
- studying the artist Judit Just’s and her weaving designs
- experimenting with different materials for weaving in the style of Judit Just
For physical education we will be doing:
- Tag Rugby with Mr Busby (Fridays)
- Gymnastics (Fridays)
- We will also be running three times across two weeks (with the aim of completing 3 miles per fortnight).
Please make sure that your child has a full P.E kit that remains in school during term time.