Our topic for Spring 1 is called Sounds Amazing! We will be expanding our knowledge of science, history, geography, music and art according to the following objectives:
As scientists we shall be:
- identifying how sounds are made e.g by investigating a range of musical instruments.
- investigating and describing how sound travels.
- investigating the relationship between pitch and features of the sound source.
- understanding how volume changes as you move away from a sound source
As historians we shall be:
- studying the Beatles and their rise to fame
- creating a timeline of key events in their history
- make comparisons with other artists of the same era
- exploring the social and political changes of their hometown of Liverpool
As geographers we shall be:
- identifying a range of musical genres and where they originated from around the world
- understanding the impact of the Beatles on their local area
- exploring the spread of popularity of the Beatles
As musicians we shall be:
- using ICT software to compose our own piece of music
- layering different instruments
- revising musical notations
As artists we shall be:
- creating our own Beatles-style album covers
- using a range of sketching pencils to show lightness and darkness
- drawing portraits of people on my table
For physical education we will be doing:
- Boxing (Tuesdays)
- Street Dance (Fridays)
- We will also be running the mile challenge, running three times across two weeks (with the aim of completing 3 miles per fortnight).
Please make sure that your child has a full P.E kit that remains in school during term time.
Dates for the diary:
Trip: The Beatles Story museum in Liverpool Thursday 7th February 2019
Please use Parent Pay to pay and confirm your child's attendance.