This term we will be exploring and investigating sound! We will be learning about what sound is, how it is made and how it travels to us. We will be investigating how sound can change pitch and volume and this is affected by the medium it travels through.
Linked with sound, we will be exploring...
- Geography - Locating the world's countries through an exploration of different world music.
- History - We will be immersing ourselves in the local history of The Beatles in the 1960s, comparing society from then to now, how they rose to fame and the influence they had in society. Alongside this, we will examine their marketing through their album cover and comparing this to popular music today.
- Art - Linked with The Beatles, we will be practising our sketching and developing our drawing skills to recreate The Beatles' With The Beatles album cover with our self portraits.
- ICT/Music - Using Garage Band, the children will compose and play their own versions of The Beatles' Yellow Submarine.
- French - Sentences to discuss members of their families.
- PSHE - Understanding how to stay safe and the idea of consent through the differences between good and bad touch.
- And of course, Literacy and Maths :)
As a Fantastic Finish for our topic, we will be going on a trip to The Beatles' Museum in Liverpool on 4th February 2019. Please make sure consent letters are sent back into school ASAP and money has been sent via Parent Pay. Any technical issues, please speak to the office.